thanks, that is a good idea.  I had thought it might be something to do with the caliper or wheel bearings being too loose.  will check all Fri/Sat when it is here for service.   I've never heard it, and I am told by 2 females it does not sound like a brake squeal, not like a wheel bearing grinding.  That is what leaves me puzzled.   If it was as you say, i'd think it would still sound like a brake squeal.  We'll see what I find.