The first Heathkit I did was a shortwave receiver of some sort. I was probably
10-12 years old and my Dad bought it for me to assemble and then give to my
grandfather so he could listed to SW broadcasts from his native
Albania/Macedonia.  After I assembled it we went over to my grandfather’s
house, set it up and strung an antenna for it.

I was amazed at the stuff it could pull in.

Hey Bob - did you build a Heathkit nuclear reactor?

-D