The operative rule for survival in desert climate is if you don't almost
have to pee, you are not drinking enough water. Water, not beer. Alcohol
speeds dehydration and accelerates bad judgement, both deadly in the
desert. Wear long pants and long sleeve shirts, BIG shade hats, all which
retard evaporation of body fluids and keep you hydrated, ie, you "wear your
own shade" here.

Loose 100% cotton, no synthetics. cotton wicks away sweat and keeps you
cooler. Loose fits let your body shed heat better. light colors, likewise.