Among my other screwups with changing the ATF on the '93 E300D, I
realized I had not drained the torque converter. Since the car is
still up on jack stands and I have not run the engine, I figured
now is the best time to do it.

On page 2 of the PDF 2702, it says,

      Turn crankshaft until drain plug (2) of torque converter
      is accessable through opening in vent grille. Remove
      drain plug and allow fluid to drain.

So how does one turn the crankshaft?

On a W123, one can turn the readily-accessable pulley bolt on the
power steering pump or get a socket, short extension, and a rachet
in to turn the crankshaft bolt.

On this W124, there is not enough room to get a rachet et al. on the
crankshaft bolt and it's not obvious what to turn that's connected
to the serpentine belt, nor if the serpentine belt will transmit the
force without slipping.

So what do y'all do in this case?

Thanks,

Craig