I bought and and installed Lemforder ball joints in my 1983 240D a couple of
weeks ago. I took the arms off the car, clamped them in my big vice and used
the generic press from local Advance Auto. I used 1/2 breaker bar and 3’ pipe.
It was strenuous but they both went in straight and true.

Michael E. Esh