On Thursday 06 April 2006 7:55, Curt Raymond wrote:
> At -20F don't inhale through your mouth, thats a prescription for a
> coughing fit.

Been there a few times in Detroit. I have seen -60 with the wind chill, and it
was unpleasantly cold. I worked in commercial blast freezers for a couple of
years, and it was not as bad as a bad winter day in Detroit.

Inhaling through the mouth is bad, inhaling through your nose means you can
feel the moisture in your nose and airway freeze and crackle almost instantly
(probably TMI for some.) Breath tends to condense in facial hair and freeze,
and if the cold makes your nose run, you have snotsickles. Stepping back
indoors, if you wear glasses, means that moisture will immediately condense
on them and freeze.

Lee