The Honda CRV has just become an undesirable vehicle, and if it is bad, the others may not be much better.

It started recently with a problem where rear suspension members or the spot where they attach to the frame rust to the point where they may not be repairable. Honda does not want to fix them so they offer to buy them back but don't offer what owners think they should get for them.

Now apparently, there is a problem with the drive train that they don't want to fix. There is something in the transmission that is causing them to shudder at low speeds. There is a TSB about it but they don't want to repair anything beyond the basic warranty expiration date.

Honda has always been a pretty reliable vehicle  so it is a bit surprising that these issues are coming up and they don't want to do anything about them.

My wife wanted to swap her Accord for a CRV but I don't think that is going to happen now. There are lots of competing smaller SUVs out there.