Yes he flew it yesterday morning early before the winds picked up.  It's not waterproof, so that aspect is a bit concerning, esp if launching from a boat or it crashes in the water.  I told him to zip tie some plastic bottles to it to give some flotation. $1500 is not cheap, but it is worth the risk I guess.

--FT