To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] DieselPurge

In a message dated 4/7/2006 6:22:10 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

And I do believe that you are to manually manipulate your throttle linkage from medium to fast and a little slow while Purging...it is not to be done idling the whole time, correct? Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to burn
through that bottle, no?

For maximum cleaning effect, the fuel return line should be routed back to
the purge container and the fluid recycled until gone. This took me about 45
minutes, mostly at idle.

Watch the level and don't let it run completely dry!  Hard starting  will
ensue.

I set up my video camera to listen to the engine before, during, and after
the purge.  It was definitely more quiet after!

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 262 K miles