The Lord only knows what it might do to your liver, but there are folks who swear by WD40 as relief for arthritis.

On 13/05/2019 11:21 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
  I get arthritis in my hands and get surprising amounts of relief from lemongrass oil.
Its not a cure all but a couple drops rubbed in makes it feel better.Angie sells Doterra,
their "Deep Blue" is the only topical pain reliever I've ever used that I
thought actually worked.
You can buy Doterra online, I know it seems expensive but you only need a drop
or two at a time.https://www.doterra.com/US/en/site/angelaraymond
-Curt