This car has xenon headlights. A part of this system is two level sensors, one
at the front and one at the rear. The sensor is bolted to the vehicle frame and
a lever on the sensor, using much like a sway bar link, is connected to the
lower control arm at that location.

I found the rear sensor disconnected at the right rear sway bar, the clip that
held it in place missing. Easy enough to resolve.

While working under the car last night, I found the front sensor on the right
front suspension with a broken bracket where it attaches to the lower control
arm. I removed the connecting link and discovered that the ball joint on the
bottom end was completely frozen in place. I soaked it with some Kroil and
found when it came loose that the socket was completely destroyed by corrosion
and the only thing holding the ball in place was the remains of the rubber boot.

The connecting link is about 4”-5” long, with a ball joint at each end with a
threaded stud that’s maybe an M6 or M8 thread on it. The part from MB
is....wait for it...$235.00!!!!

Yeah, I don’t think so.

So I’m wondering if anyone might know a source for something like this?

-D