OK-thanks Sunil. I wondered about that white thing-on the 123 the fill
line is in in the casting. I found out that my FLAPS can order the MB ps
fluid. There is also a foreign car shop that supposedly sells it. Yes, I
use the
ATF in the 240D. How do you like the upgrade form 123 to 124? Seems like
a lot of us are doing that now.

Dwight Giles, Jr
1979 240D auto, 250K + miles
1990 300D 2.5t, 130K miles
Wickford, RI

-

there should be a white plastic thingy on the center post that has marks
on it that say "Min 20," "max 20," "min 80," and "max 80" -- those are
the different fill lines for different engine temperatures (in C).  I'm
99% sure you can use ATF - most people do  I put the MB stuff in b/c
it's not red.

> -

Sunil Hari
1992 300D 2.5T - 286Kmi.