I have a lot of noise coming from what I think is the serpentine belt- seems to happen when it is damp outside. Belt dressing quiets things down to total
silence for about 5 minutes, then the sound comes back.

Certainly try another belt, but while it's off check all the
accessories for excess resistance.  What kind of sound is it?
If screechy/squeaky it could be a dragging accessory, or a
bad bearing on the tensioner.  If more of a rattling look hard
at the tensioner and the attachment of the crank pulley.

-- Jim