I am retired and not far from I95 and I295 - lots of good places to eat if
you are here near to meal time.
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of John Berryman
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 10:22 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] generator ??

On Apr 9, 2006, at 6:42 AM, BillR wrote:

> Most helpful to have so many willing to offer advice.  Anyone headed
> through Jax please stop by.
> BillR
> 904-707-0404
> Jacksonville FL

        I'll most likely be passing through but it will be during hurricane
season. Straight SAE-30 oil should be what Briggs and Stratton wants you to
run. I have switched all my power equipment to Amsoil synthetics after they
are fully broken in.
        Carburetors are the biggest offenders in seldom or seasonally used
equipment. Most can be easily disassembled and cleaned out but on occasion
they can be plugged or oxidized beyond feasible repair. I either totally
drain them (rare) or keep them full and periodically start and run
everything (my favorite approach).

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am