On Apr 10, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Frederick Moir wrote:

Hi, All
Thanks for all the info.and suggestions. It is engine oil ( $5/qt Mobil 1 5W40 ). No other fluid disappears at the rate of a quart per 130 miles, with no apparent leaks. Yesterday here in good old Massachusetts, on Rt128, there were 6 or so morons playing grab-ass in the two left lanes in front of me, so I avoided them and went past at good speed to the accompaniment of a slight blue haze, considerably in excess of 55 mph. When the Valve guide seals were recently replaced the intake valve guides were well within spec. and the exhaust guide clearances were at the upper limit.
  TIA
  Fred Moir

More likely than not, an engine that smokes blue under acceleration has bad piston rings.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am