When I changed the ATF in my 92 300D this weekend, I drained ~6L out of the
pain and torque converter.  I put in 5.5L, cycled through the shift lever
positions, and I'm reading it as way way high.  Do I need to wait for the
fluid to settle down, or have I done something wrong?

Also, if the fluid level is too high, do you know an easy way to extract
excess fluid?

Second issue - the rear light and the front small square light (next to the
four-position light switch in front of the sunroof) are not lighting.  I
checked the rear light and the bulb filament is not broken.  I just replaced
all of the fuses.  Suggestions?

The lights aren't lighting with any switch position.

Most specifically, how do I remove the light/switch assembly from the front
roof?  It's driving me freaking nuts.

--
Sunil Hari
1992 300D 2.5T - 286Kmi.