On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:00:11 -0400 Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> The SC chapter of SCCA is having an auto cross event Sunday in a high
> school parking lot. I was thinking to sign up with the SL600 and flog
> it a bit but I think I’ll just go watch this one and see what it’s
> about.
>
> They have a deal if you sign up for the auto cross you get a
> membership. Or maybe it’s the other way around. You need a helmet but
> they have loaners but that might be nasty. Found one on Amazon for $117
> if I like the event I might get that and sign up for the next one.
>
> I bet it’s fun though.

Yes, it is fun.

I did autocrossing with my '69 Lotus Europa, both in Denver (where I was
stationed at Lowry AFB) and in Colorado Springs (where I was stationed at
Peterson Field.

Go ahead and try it. There's no need to just watch.

Craig