I sand the rusted area and if I have time I thoroughly de-rust with naval jelly
which takes multiple applications over a 24 hour period to really clean it up.
I then paint the por-15 over the repair area making sure to get some on back
surface of hole edges. While por-15 still wet I impregnate the fiberglass patch
with por using a cheap chip brush and apply to the repair area. I dab it with
the brush or gloved fingers to get it flat over the repair area. Once dry, I
sand and reapply por-15 or another layer of por impregnated fiberglass as
necessary. It creates a very solid and long lasting repair. Once all done and
dry I spray the hell out of the back side of the repair with fluid film.

Sent from my iPhone