On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 15:23:11 -0500 OK Don via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Chemicals, nukes, high explosives, or at least jet-A, whose storage has
> been compromised is my guess.

But what about the civilians who live within 100 miles of the base?

After I sent the email, I thought it might be because the Rear Admiral
wanted all of her personnel away from the earthquake area so they would
not have any chance of being in harm's way.

Craig

> On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 2:55 PM Craig via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Lots of things happening due to the recent earthquakes, the most
> > surprising of which, to me, is:

> > https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/07/06/ridgecrest-earthquakes-naval-air-weapons-station-china-lake/
> >
> > RIDGECREST (CBSLA) — Multiple earthquakes that struck the Ridgecrest
> > area left Naval Air Weapons Station (NAWS) China Lake “not mission
> > capable until further notice,” the base announced Saturday.
> >
> > In a Facebook post, officials said Rear Admiral Bette Bolivar issued
> > an evacuation order for non-essential active duty, drilling
> > reservists, civilian employees, and dependents to evacuate to a
> > radius of 100 miles from Naval Base Ventura County.
> >
> > NAWS China Lake remained accessible to mission essential personnel
> > only.
> >
> > The alert came hours after a 7.1-magnitude earthquake rattled the
> > Ridgecrest area on Friday.
> >
> > A 6.4-magnitude quake shook the same area the day prior, followed by
> > hundreds of aftershocks.
> >
> > Evacuate 100 miles from the base?!
> >

> > Craig
> >
> > ----------------------------------
> > Present: '93 E300D/2.5 Turbo           354 kmi
> >          '89 Chevrolet G20 Beauville   210 kmi
> >                  (the Big Red Van, BRV)
> >          '00 Kenworth W900  Helmut     943 kmi
> >
> >    Past: '90 E300D/2.5 Turbo           265 kmi   RIP
> >          '07 Peterbilt 386  Bruno      885 kmi
> >          '82 240D/3.0       Bluebell   286 kmi
> >          '95 E320           Sebastian  135 kmi   RIP
> >          '94 E420           Oskar      127 kmi   RIP
> >          '87 Dodge Grand Caravan                 RIP
> >          '86 190E/2.3
> >          '72 220/8
> >          '61 Willys Utility Wagon
> >          '59 Willys Utility Wagon
> >          '67 Volkswagen Fastback
> >          '64 190Dc          Emma
> >          '72 220D/8         Herman     186 kmi
> >          '69 Lotus Europa
> >          '64 Alfa Romeo Turrisimo Internationale
> >          '59 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spyder Veloce

> --
> OK Don
>
> "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to
> pause and reflect." Mark Twain
>
> "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few
> who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric
> fence for themselves."
>
> WILL ROGERS, *The Manly Wisdom of Will Rogers*
> 2013 F150, 18 mpg
> 2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
> 1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!

Craig