On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 18:06:40 -0500 "Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes"
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> One other thing to note, it the peach part post, the part the cable
> attaches to seems to be somewhat flush with the actuator body facing
> outward where as mine the leaver is pulled in.  The shoes should be
> resting against the big tab at the bottom.  On mine with one shoe
> resting on the tab the other will be out about 1/4".
>
> > I have never had to mess with parking brakes before, so this is a
> > learning experience.

It was a learning experience for me when I changed the parking brake
shoes on the '90 E300D/2.5 Turbo ...

Loosen the yoke which has the cables which go to the rear brakes on the
cable from the parking brake pedal which pulls on it and see if you can
get more slack to allow the mechanism shown in IMG_2071.png to reduce its
overall length to allow the shoes to rest on the big tab at the bottom.

Craig