hue wong wrote:
So we just pulled the new timing chian from rusty
through following the procedure outlined in the
book(s) and darned it, it seems one link short.

Now I'm all freaked out.  Did I somehow miss a
sprocket in there?  could it be the chain tensioner
pushing to hard?  I'm completly at loss as to what to
do next or how to correct this problem.

It sure looked like we had super tension on the chain
the entire time, but I'm at a loss as to what to do
next..  not sure how to "correct this problme (but
suspect I will not like the anwser)

The tensioner MUST be removed while pulling the chain. The tensioner goes in AFTER the chain is pulled, attached and peened over.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84
190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)