Good points, Jaime.

I do as much legwork for my dealer people that I can within the limitations of
my resources. I use online (free) EPC web sites, so I often don’t have the
advantage of things like color codes or footnotes, but if I have the number it
makes their job a lot easier as they’ll see the details when they enter it into
the EPC.

If I’m unsure of a part number I make sure they have the last 8 of the VIN so
they can pull it up and see.

Something else to tell them is that you’ll work off of stock orders. That means
you won’t get your parts for 2-3 business days, maybe a little more, but it
allows them to bundle your order in with their regularly scheduled warehouse
orders. This saves them money and earns them credit with corporate in the form
of lowered shipping costs and inventory discounts.

-D