Or the same thing as what happened to our 240D.   Failure does not have to be electronic in the 2006.

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes wrote on 7/22/19 2:19 PM:
Says the 4matics are still 722.6, the 2WD got a 7spd 722.9(? I think)

In any case, this is what the guy says:

   Just  stopped pulling all of a sudden it won't moveIt's a nice car
   everything works except the transmission

   Were there any other symptoms? One day it just wouldn't go?

   No not at allStop at a red light and it wouldn't move no warning

This sounds like some electrical or shifter issue or something, conductor plate or connector, a tranny just won't crap out like that. I'm going out of town this weekend, if it is still around I'm gonna go take a look at it.

I need to order that fancy computer

--R