I think I got my friend’s tranny fixed. It was throwing a code for a torque
converter solenoid fault. I ordered a 4-solenoid kit so I had them all, was not
much more than just the one. Got filter and fluid too.

Dropped the pan and valve body, swapped the solenoid, put it back together,
filled with new fluid. Old fluid was dark but did not smell too burned. Not
much metal dust on the magnets (2!) in the pan. What I could see of the CVT
belt and pulleys looked ok.

Took it for a ride, seemed OK. She drove it home, no issues. It was acting up
on the way here so I’m hoping that fixed it. Hoping for success!

--FT
Sent from iPhone