Uncle Kent is a god of all things 123 and Mercedes.

Some guy had some brake pads in the trunk of his car and was going to change the old ones as they appeared worn quite a bit. To his credit he knew what he didn't know.  I suggested he look for the wear indicator holes to make sure the pads had the holes, and get some of those, he seemed to accept that well.  The pads didn't look quite right to me, but it has been a long time since I changed 123 pads so maybe they were OK.  So maybe there is hope among some of them.

--FT