5w30 is about 12cSt at 100C.
15W50 is 18 cSt.
5W40 is 14.5 cSt.
The only difference I'd expect to see is that the 15W50 will peg the oil gauge
at idle in slightly worn engines.
One thing to consider is the loss of certain valve and rocker protecting
additives with oils formulated for modern engines. The 15W50 has more
phosphorus and zinc in it than any of the other non racing / non motorcycle
formulas of M1.
https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1