I got one off the River of Large Wymyn for the 722.6 in the 99 ML320, it's a twisted wire cable sort of thing with a little plastic thingie at the bottom that shows fluid level and the lock tab at the top.  They seem to be properly sized for these transmissions.  The $500E300 has one in it too. I'll have to look into it for the 211 E500.  And an oil dipstick.  No oil dipstick, WTF.

--FT