Only recently have my classes really started to include a majority of folks
younger than me.Most recently the very best students are very young, early 20's.
The worst was when I first started and got mostly boomers in their early 60's.
They already knew it all and didn't want "some kid" (I was 30) telling them
anything. Many of them flunked and got to go through the class again...

Curt
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:22 AM, G Mann via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:   Well played !
However, I am just old school enough to truly favor public humiliation as a
teaching tool. The extremely short attention span of the present generation
is most remarkable. It seems primary education consists of the principle of
"If you throw enough mud against a wall, some of it will stick".....  which
has generated a term for my use "Teflon children" ie those for whom nothing
stuck.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:12 PM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <