Yeah, I did that once or twice.   Same silence, but the guy was compliant after that.

I think every class I taught about M$ network engineering had 1 or more in it that knew things I didn't, and many knew command line or shortcuts I didn't.   I always tried to firgure out who they were and and get them to contribute to the class and we had a lot of discussions about the fast way, the right way, the wrong way and the M$ way.   The other thing we did was put people in teams, at which time we had no idea who had no experience and who could probably teach the class.   But usually the knowledgeable people became engaged in teaching their partner, and often others.  I encouraged this at the first class and at random times through the class.   I tried to position myself as the guide on the side, and not the know it all leader.

One thing about IT:    There is nobody who knows everything.  I learned stuff in every class I taught.   The most frustrating thing was when I ran through the lab the night before,and everything worked perfectly; then M$ dropped a patch overnight that broke the lab.   So in the class, the lab would not work.  But I turned it into a troubleshooting experience and challenged the class to figure out why it broke and what the fix or workaround was.   Those guys in the class that could probably teach it saved me every time.  Once in a while I had time to sit down and try to find the fix and actually found it before the class did.