Depends on what engine we're talking about. The straight sixes like the 232,
258 and the 4.0l HO (which I think was the 232) were very robust and lasted
forever. The v8s in the more recent stuff are just Chrysler engines. I've had
excellent luck with them, my Dakota had the magnum 318 which was bulletproof at
222,000 miles when the body was rusted out. My current 2010 RAM 5.7l has
135,000 miles and has had nothing done to it, not even sparkplugs. I bought
plugs to put in it but it runs perfectly so I've never bothered. There are 16
of them and some look fairly painful.
The 4.xl V8s don't have a great reputation...

-Curt

    On Thursday, August 15, 2019, 10:41:55 PM EDT, Curley McLain via Mercedes