IIRC, Tina Turner had a hog digester to run her ThunderDome way back in the
’80’s.  Must have learned that from before Peak Oil and Mad Maxx.   Local
County landfill became a methane harvesting operation almost 30 years ago when
it was “de-comissioned”.  Not sure it makes much power, but it is a bunch
prettier to drive past now.

Then the local elected idiocy decided we needed to pay them to cart off our
food scraps and yard bits to be turned into high cost compost.  The heaps
spread around three counties are putrid stench producers that cause all manner
of consternation as nearby residents try to figure out where the stench of
putrid death and rotted fruit is produced.  The heaps are strategically located
to take advantage of tides or other “natural” features (sewage plants) to mask
the reek of ripped off tax payers.

clay