Today I pulled the instrument cluster because the PO had replaced the fuel temp oil gauge with one out of a gasser, so I put the correct one in.  Took car to town to fill it up with fresh diesel and to see if fuel gauge works, it doesn't. I guess I need to pull the sending unit and clean it.

The cruise control appears to be completely dead again.  I double checked to make sure I got the plug back on the speed sensor on the back of the cluster, and I did so I brought the amp back in the house and will redo all of the solder.

---
https://www.avg.com