On 03/09/2019 11:23 AM, Max Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
Probably about six miles to the ocean, but only a couple miles to tidal river,
about three miles to tidal marsh lands.

Nice hot sunny day now, light breeze, a bit warm for putting up window boards.
Hydrating for a bit now, maybe a light lunch, then back to work.  Disturbed a
hornets nest just now, got away before they stung me, so I'll let them settle
down and then spray em dead.

Our house has lots of windows, four of the worst are done, I think seven more
to go.  There are a few we don't board up, they are very sheltered or face a
neighbor so the odds of flying debris taking them out is very low.  Two are
very high, so the risk reward ratio comes into play.

Would the design of your house permit shutters? We put covers over all of the windows of the cottage out at the lake in the fall when we close up. I have seriously been thinking of putting shutters on that could be closed easily any time. I would do hinged shutters on the smaller windows and probably a sliding barn track door over the one big window that we are planning to change to a patio door. I don't plan to use louvered shutters. They would just be plywood panels with a wood frame most likely and painted to match the cottage. We would then be able to close them any time there was a storm. We would likely close the one big one every time we left the place as we normally only go for weekends every couple of weeks.

Randy