You could take it out and see what condition it is in and if it looks good then put it back in and go.

MG

Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
MB sez there are 3 B2 piston kits in the US, all in CA. They want $160, but it can be bought through Tampa's website for $111. plus shipping, do probably $130-$125.

I'm inclined not to buy one now, but put the trans in and see how it works. I understand the B2 can be replaced in the car. I'd hate to be stranded because of the b2 failing, but its kinda pricey.

What would you do? spend the $$$ now, or wait?

Car is a $500 car if running. (except it does have a $1500 engine in it.)