Yes, it’s a Mercedes reman (part number -80) with their standard 2 year
warranty.

Everything I see indicates PAG 46, so that’s what I’m getting.

Looks like I need to drain the new compressor, measure the oil, and then bring
it up to a total of 30cc. Looks like 20cc for the receiver/dryer.

The car had a full charge and the ambient was around 95F, so that probably
accounted for the pressure we were seeing. Had the expansion valve been stuck
open we still wouldn’t have seen the same kind of pressure on both sides, I
would think. If I recall from my schooling days, a stuck expansion valve would
have too low on the low side and too high on the high side.

-D