We used to have a fantastic butcher, when you asked for steak he'd ask how you
were going to cook it. If you said propane you'd be allowed to buy up to about
$15/lb steak. If it was charcoal it could be up to $17-$19/lb. One time I
promised (and fulfilled) to cook it over a wood fire and the steak was $22/lb.
That steak was mind blowing...
I went in I told him I wanted a 1# steak that was 3" thick. He asked how done I
was going to make it and I said "medium rare." He said "Your wife will want
hers medium right?" I nodded, "I'll cut hers 2.5" thick, cook them the same
time, hers will be medium."Dude was an artist. Sadly he's gone to the big shop
in the sky, the guy who took over was a "meat cutter" and the shop closed
within 6 months.
-Curt

    On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 1:52:57 PM EDT, G Mann via Mercedes