Jaime,

What about using Fluid Film? It’s not so much a rust preventative as a
protection agent, I guess, but it’s used heavily in the upper Midwest and New
England.

I hose down the interior of my car’s doors and other areas with it. I’m pretty
sure you can use it on the outside as well.

https://www.fluid-film.com

-D