I understand a vacuum leak could have an effect. But, when I try the CCU (push
button unit) nothing happens.  Wouldn’t that be more likely to be related to
the switch?

Keep in mind (and I’m just relying on the honesty of the seller), the previous
owner said he was told he could “hot-wire” the blower to get it to work.  So, I
think he is saying that the failure is in the switch because the solder traces
have failed therefore nothing is telling the blower to come on.

Is that completely wrong?

Donald H. Snook