You were in the right neighbourhood! Just clean out that banjo bolt (you should
be able to blow through it) and you're good to go. I think there's a washer or
two that are at risk of disappearing, so watch out for that. A ball bearing in
the vacuum line that goes to the EGR valve will prevent future clogging.