It’s funny, I find myself having exactly the opposite problem with my
father in the last every years.  He doesn’t give my suggestions any weight,
but if a complete stranger makes the same suggestion then he calls to tell
me about it.

Best recent example is his purchase of a sports car.  For a few years, he’s
been looking for a old British or Italian car.  We looked at a few but
nothing really appealed to him.  I suggested he look at Porsche Boxsters or
Mazda Miatas, as these are the modern interpretations of those old sports
cars.  He didn’t give it much weight until we went to see a 79 Alfa
Spider.  He owned one in the early 80s... but realized how 40 years has
aged him and the car, and it wasn’t what he wanted.  The seller told him he
was selling to buy a Boxster.  This made a big impression.

On the way home, he became very interested in a Boxster and within two
weeks he bought one.  And he loves it.

I told you so?

Anyway... I think your day will come... it will happen to all of us
hopefully:  our children will know better than we do.

Jaime

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 12:32 PM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I know. I have informed both children that when the day comes that they
> realize Mom and I were “right” that they need to immediately contact us in
> order to allow us to revel in the satisfaction of being validated.
>
> It will happen. It’s just a matter of when.
>
> And yes, I attempted to point out that the HiLux was never sold here in
> the same manner in which it is available in the rest of the world.
>
> -D
>
> > On Oct 13, 2019, at 12:25 PM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > Tell him "good luck with that". They are few and far between here in the
> states. Try BaT.
> > When children get to be about 26-27 they say "gee dad, you sure got
> smarter in the last couple years".
> >
> > Hang in there dad, it will get better.
> >
> > https://www.quora.com/Why-cant-I-own-a-Toyota-Hilux-in-America
> >

> > Rick