Finally got around to putting the new N75 turbo boost control vacuum solenoid
on the Golf.  Naturally, while it's the correct design, it's not the correct
part, the hose connections for vac source and turbo actuator line are on the
wrong side, and the wire isn't long enough to put it on backwards.

For some reason, VW used the same valve in a different physical configuration
on the ALH engine (injection pump) than on the BEW (unit injector or PD)
engine.  Same turbo, same valve in the same spot, different vac line
configuration, and I wasn't willing to find vac line and barbs to cobble up
something.  So I had to order another one with the fittings on one side.  Same
valve, just has the cap crimped on 180 degrees out.

Old one is definitely shot, I can blow through it so it's both not operating
the turbo AND venting the vac off for the EGR and anti-backrunning valve.

Hope to have the new one on Sat, but it may be Monday.  Another weekend with a
very sluggish car....