I've got this 99 $600E320 I fixed the conductor plate in the transmission, 238kmi, runs well, in pretty nice shape, gets like 28mpg in mixed driving, seems like a very decent car.  This replaced the 99 $500E300 which I really liked.  The W210 is not as solid as the 126s but seem quite competent, peppy, good handling. They have more electronics and nannies so factor dealing with all that into your decision.  I think they are prone to rust in the rust belt, mine are southern cars so that was not an issue.

$4250 sounds pretty dear for a near 20yo car, but then I am a bottom feeder.  If it's really nice maybe $3500 if you have that kind of money, but there are many of these around so looking around you might find a better deal.  If it is someone you know, has records, etc. would maybe be worth considering.  Poos could probably find dozens of them in FL, old retiree cars being let go.

--FT