Actually Tesla has sold some panels that have caught fire. I'm 99% certain
thats an install issue, there is no good reason for panels to catch fire.
The other possibility is that the panels have built-in inverters. Inverters
occasionally catch fire, panels themselves never catch fire.
I don't remember when we installed our first panel, 2015? 2016? Something like
that...
-Curt

    On Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 3:32:46 PM EST, Andrew Strasfogel via