Cut the cord on cable last month. Went from $220/month for phone/cable/Internet
(undiscounted costs as we just went out of contract) down to a little over
$100/month for nearly the same content, and no more land line.

$60/month Internet (100/100)
$50/month YouTube TV
$5/month Tablo DVR

This gives us a boatload of content through YouTube TV, over the air broadcasts
with DVR functionality with the Tablo (also a feature of YTTV), and through
various free applications like Pluto TV (400+ free channels).

There’s minimal competition in this market, so if you want to pull the plug on
your provider they just shrug their shoulders and tell you “Bye!” No effort for
retention.

Along with using Spectrum (Charter) for cable, we also moved from Verizon
($200/month for 4 lines) to Spectrum ($56/month for 4 lines) for our cellular
service. Spectrum piggybacks on Verizon, so coverage is the same.

-D