It should only come up if you choose the NAV function as far as I know.

As I mentioned previously, the lack of updates renders it pretty useless, more
of a novelty than anything else. There a major freeway that didn’t exist some
years back that I now use for my commute. When I drove it in the 2003 S430 I
would be driving across open land and an interstate. It would get upset about
this then just give up and be quiet, as I recall. I found it entertaining.

-D