I've thought about an OM617 in my 2004 Frontier. It's a V6 4WD with a
5-speed. The gearing seems about right based on engine RPMs at the shift
points.

In the specific case of my Frontier, though, it's too rusty for me to
want to invest that much work in it. Also there's nothing wrong with its
V6 engine. It's the best part of the vehicle.

For Toyotas, there are adapter kits here:

https://www.4x4labs.com/products/om617-to-r150-transmission-adapter

https://www.4x4labs.com/products/om617-to-w56-transmission-adapter-1

https://www.4x4labs.com/products/om617-to-h42-h55f-transmission-adapter

Allan