The new diodes are in. Unfortunately when I went back to fleabay, I ordered the bag of 10 in place of the bag of 20 by mistake.   I am about to set to testing diodes.  I have to decide if I should replace just the one that is bad, or replace 10 and reuse 2 old ones.   I had intended to replace all 12.   As soon as I segregate bad from new and good, I'll start putting humpty back together again.

Then, I hope the melting steel begins again.    No old microwaves to use though.   Sorry Jim.

But if I hang around Jim and Rich long enough, I may start designing circuits sometime.

(Actually in the 80s, when Revent wanted $200 for a timer buzzer, I went to radiojunk and bought 12vDC buzzers and transformers and full wave bridge rectifiers and built my own.   THat way I could make each oven have a distinct sound so we could tell from a distance which oven had timed out.  There were 3 double rack double chamber revents and 3 rotating ovens.    We had one guy that was deaf, so I added a red rotary light to one oven for him as a visual timer.)

Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 23, 2019 at 7:50 AM
So are you back to melting steel yet?