From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 12:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Are these cars worth all the effort

One of the reasons that I do it is because I am cheap.  These cars are
much more inexpensive to buy and maintain than other cars and you have a
chance in hell of fixing them yourself.  There are no "engine lights"
and a thousand sensors to track down, no CPU.  One of the big reasons
novice mechanics are able to repair them has to do with the loyal
hobbyist community but also the way that they are built, I like that so
many of the parts are made to be taken apart and rebuilt. They seem to
come apart in predictable ways (as shown by this lists ability to
diagnose problems so readily).

Another reason is that they are safe, I think the weight and the amount
of metal in these older cars is substantial as compared to all the
plastic in these newer cars.  God help you if you get into an accident
in a Geo metro, especially with an SUV.

I also like the way that they sound, they remind me of a boat.

They perform very well and are classy.  The ride is fantastic !  Like
riding in a freight train.

That's my 2 cents.

Dan Elliott
300D-T 95kmi