Windows 7 was acceptable in that everything we used it for was more or less
stable (depending on application, some of the custom instrument software was
easily broken by updates).

Windows 10 bites.  Slow, buggy, gets massive updates weekly (so did they
actually develop and test it or just send out anything?  Most likely using
customers for beta testing, as usual....).  Every update makes it take longer
to boot in the morning, it's up to about 5 minutes now before I can get into my
email.  I expect it to take longer by the end of next year....

We still cannot fully resolve our networking issues -- sorta important as we
are a major worldwide business and depend on internet connectivity to operate.

Not my favorite software.  We were running NT when I started out there, and had
very few issues other than very slow operation (another Microsoft trademark --
any other company can make equivalent software that uses a few percent of the
memory space and runs ten times better....)

At home I use a Mac.  Plenty of annoyances there, but at least it doesn't eat
it's own children like Windows does.  Only real OS issue I've ever had was the
update for 7.5 that hashed IDE hard drives on Performa 6300 series machines,
which was fixed immediately by Apple.  Wonky OS behavior is alway a hardware
issue for me.