Does Rusty sell kits to convert R-12 system to a R134-A?
Mike
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sun Apr 23 15:00:31 2006
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:00:21 -0400
From: "Mitch Haley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Idiot Needle

> I've got a better one for you. A friend of mine purchased a
> new Ford 3/4 ton diesel truck a few years back. He noticed
> that the oil pressure gauge always read mid level regardless
> of engine speed and being an Engineer, he knew better. He
> took it to Ford for diagnosis and found out in the process that
> the gauge was connected to an "idiot light" sensor and when the
> sensor turned on, the gauge swung to mid range. In other words,
> the gauge was nothing more than a fancy idiot light! Needless to
> say, Don was not a happy camper!

Wait until he figures out how the coolant and tranny temperature
gauges operate. Depending on model year, both may also be binary
indicators. They either say "don't worry" or "please pay $3000".
(in the case of the coolant temp needle, often more than $3000)
http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

BTW, someone didn't have the Dodge/Cummins chronology exactly
right. 1989-199x were rotary pump, no intercooler. 199x-1993
were rotary pump, intercooled. 1994-1998.5 were twelve valve,
inline pump, intercooled, newer body style. Power went up during
that period, 1996-98.5 were considered the best of the bunch
before common rail came along. The 24v of the late 90's and
early 00's just wasn't as highly regarded.
What stuck in my mind from when I first started reading those
forums in 2001 was that there were guys on the Ford forums who
would admit that Cummins was better than Navistar, and there
were guys on the Dodge forums who would say that Ford had
a better chassis. Neither group would give GM credit for
anything.

As somebody mentioned earlier, I'd never own a turbodiesel
towing rig with a slushbox tranny. I know where I can buy
a brand new *2005* F-350 with a custom towing body on the back.
It's got an auto trans, and apparently nobody wants to buy it, or
it would have been sold at least six months ago. I don't know
if it's the two door cab, the auto tranny, the towing bed, or
the combination of the three, but the dealer that ordered it
that way is stuck with it. I think if it was a supercab or
supercrew with four captain's chairs and a six speed trans
it wouldn't have been on the lot for a month.
Mitch.